Blog of Blogcraft

Monday, February 26, 2007

A Priest's Lament or Whine, Complain, Whine and more Whining

I think I'm starting to get the "healer burnout" I often see mentioned on the forums. Now that we're back to 5 man instances with the expansion, healing becomes much more challenging. Healing a raid isn't really that exciting. First of all, there are always other healers and most of the hybrid classes end up going healing mode even if there are 15 priests in the raid(okay I'm exaggerating) Also, losing a few over-zealous Mages and Rogues usually isn't that big of a deal. They steal aggro off the tank, they die.
In five mans, I feel a lot of self-imposed pressure to keep everyone alive. This is challanging if there are no back up healers and your group has clothies taking hits up the wazoo. Sometimes, I manage to keep everyone alive until I've a) generated a ton aggro spamming heals everywhere and b) run out of mana. That's usually about when I end up dead and swearing.
Sometimes I just wish I was the Mage/Rogue/Warlock. I've always said if I every seriously level a new toon from scratch it's going to be a non-buffing, non-healing class. Rogue for the win, I guess. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home